Texas Orthopedic Hospital
Nothing is as distressing to an active athlete as sustaining an injury to the knee, hip, elbow or shoulder. These parts of the body play a vital role in an athlete's ability to participate and compete in active sports, so if you have an injury, you may be sidelined until your injury heals.
Fortunately, the Texas Orthopedic Hospital provides specialized treatment that focuses on dealing with sports injuries and musculoskeletal trauma. This goes a long way in helping athletes get back on the field quickly.
About Texas Orthopedic Hospital
The Texas Orthopedic Hospital is a one-stop medical center that offers high quality, specialized orthopedic care to patients with musculoskeletal injuries. Launched in 1995, the hospital has been serving residents of Houston, Texas and its surrounding areas for over two decades.
This healthcare facility positions itself as one of the few Houston orthopedic hospitals that provide expert care, conveniently within one building. Moreover, it houses internationally recognized orthopedic surgeons and physicians registered with the Fondren Orthopedic Group. With that said, it is not surprising that the Texas Orthopedic Hospital is widely regarded as the best orthopedic hospital not only in Houston, but also in the entire nation.
In terms of treatment, the Texas Orthopedic Hospital uses the latest methods and techniques that revolve around the wellness, mobility and speedy recovery of all our patients. Our physicians provide personalized care and attention to the patient’s needs, ensuring they receive appropriate treatment.
Furthermore, the hospital has invested heavily in research and technology to ensure our highly efficient services continuously deliver positive outcomes. What’s more is that all our treatment methods are minimally invasive. This means we only recommend surgery as the last resort to handle severe injuries.
Types of Services
The Texas Orthopedic Hospital offers a wide range of specialty services and all within one building. Our Texas orthopedics focus on preventing, diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating all types of musculoskeletal and sports injuries that affect the knees, shoulders, hips and elbows.
Some of our specialized orthopedic services include the following:
- Sports medicine care: There’s no doubt that athletes carry the highest risk of sustaining injuries due to the strenuous nature of competitive sports. With this in mind, Texas Orthopedic Hospital offers professional care services to diagnose and treat various sports injuries. We provide solutions for overuse injuries, bicep tendon tears, Achilles tendonitis, knee tendonitis, arthritis, ankle sprains, runner’s knee and shin splints, among others.
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy is an orthopedic surgery technique that involves minimally invasive procedures. The technique is ideal for treating, reconstructing and rehabilitating injured shoulder joints, hip joints and knees with minimal invasion. Arthroscopy is quite popular as it involves less pain and has fewer complications. Moreover, it allows for faster recovery.
- Pain management: Dealing with chronic pain can be a harrowing experience for anyone. This is particularly true since ordinary medications and injections might not alleviate the pain. Nevertheless, Texas Orthopedic Hospital provides excellent pain management services to address chronic pain caused by various injuries. We also use stem cells to manage knee, hip and shoulder pain.
- Reconstruction: In severe injuries, you may require reconstructive surgery to restore the injured area. Texas Orthopedic Hospital enlists experienced surgeons to deal with all types of reconstruction.
- Impingement syndrome treatment: Impingement syndrome refers to the inflammation of the tendons surrounding the shoulder joint or hip joint. The condition occurs when the tendons rub against the shoulder blade due to repeated overhead activity such as golfing, swimming or heavy labor. Regular medications might help relieve the pain but only for a while. This is where consulting an experienced orthopedic doctor can prove to be useful.
- Fracture care: The type of fracture care you employ can determine the length of time it takes to heal. It might also increase or decrease the risk of aggravating the fracture. Texas Orthopedic Hospital offers expert fracture care services that focus on protecting your injury against further damage.
Why Choose Texas Orthopedic Hospital?
Texas Orthopedic Hospital isn’t your typical medical center. We’re one of the few specialty hospitals in the country that offer the complete range of expert orthopedic services within one building.
Here are a few reasons to visit our hospital:
- Certified orthopedics: We employ internationally recognized doctors registered with the Fondren Orthopedic Group and other relevant agencies. All our doctors are professional, competent, dedicated, compassionate and of high integrity.
- Advanced treatment solutions: We provide advanced treatment solutions ranging from arthroscopy to biological treatment for a fast and speedy recovery process. Our treatment solutions are personalized to meet each patient’s individual needs.
- State-of-the-art technology: Texas Orthopedic Hospital uses the latest, state-of-the-art technology to prevent, diagnose and treat all types of musculoskeletal and sports injuries. Moreover, our physicians employ advanced techniques that focus on the wellness and recovery of each patient.
Meet Dr. Gombera
If you’re looking for an experienced orthopedic surgeon in Houston, Texas, your search stops right here. Dr. Mufaddal Gombera is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon from the Fondren Orthopedic Group with vast experience in preventing, diagnosing and treating all types of musculoskeletal injuries.
We specialize in hip arthroscopy, shoulder treatment, knee treatment and biologic treatments. Most of the techniques we employ are minimally invasive, and we only recommend invasive procedures as a last resort.
Our commitment to making sure each patient’s needs are addressed is unwavering. Dr. Gombera’s greatest joy is to see his patients get back to the sports they love as quickly as possible.
For more information about our services, please don't hesitate to book an appointment or give us a call at (713) 766-5811 today. Our friendly staff will be happy to help.