Your First Visit: What to Expect
We are pleased you have chosen Dr. Gombera and his team at Fondren Orthopedic Group to take care of your sports medicine needs. Our goal is to provide exceptional, compassionate, and successful care to all of our patients.
Schedule An Appointment
- For more information on what to expect from your sports medicine doctor please click here
Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to verify your information and complete our new patient packet.
- You can fill out some forms beforehand online at our Fondren Patient Portal: https://patient.fondren.com/patientforms/fog/masterform.aspx
- Dr. Gombera typically takes X-rays of the affected site to complete the evaluation during your first visit.
- If any imaging (X-rays, MRI, etc) are already completed at another institution, please ensure you hand-carry digital copy (e.g. on a CD) with you to your appointment. This is the patient’s responsibility.
- We will confirm your referring and primary doctor’s information
- Please plan 1 to 1 ½ hours for your total visit.
- We respect the value of your time and will make every effort to remain on schedule.
- Due to the nature of a surgery practice, emergencies may, on rare occasions, cause us to be late or necessitate office visit rescheduling. In that event, we will make every attempt to contact you ahead of time.
- Please call us (713) 794-3457 with any questions or if you need to reschedule your appointment
Discover Your Ortho Options
What People Say
Always has a smile on his face, extensive knowledge in orthopedics and a conservative approach to treatment. Would highly recommend.
Dr. Gombera was very knowledgeable and explained everything so that I understood. I will see him in the future if needed. Great experience here.